+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Introductions

Dennis Lapierre
    Blog Entries

Introductions

Let me be the first to introduce myself.

I am your forum administrator.

I am a small-scale sheep producer who has been in the business of raising sheep for more than 20 years. I also pasture raise chickens in the summer months.

I am also a Director on the British Columbia Agriculture Council (BCAC), representing the Community Agriculture sector: the F.A.R.M. Community Council and the Certified Organic Associations of BC.

I am not a techno-geek. So, expect some growth pains with this forum. It will work, because many forums do work well. With your help, we'll make it work. I'm looking forward to that.

Dennis

Congratulations!

Hi Dennis and all list members,
    Congratulations and many thanks to Dennis for all the hard work to get this forum up and running.
    Thanks also to BCAC and FARM for supporting the concept.
    Let's all post lots and make this the valuable tool we all need.
    Bill

Hello

We are Warren and Lynne Wilson beef ,lamb and hay producers at Nukko Lake
    (Prince George) Congratulations Dennis lets hope for lots of hits. Warren

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for getting this all set up ! I think it will take awhile for everyone to get use to checking the site regularly and entering their viewpoints.
    I will circulate the website to our membership... hopefully they will sign up !

all the best for the coming New Year!

Regards, Paul Davidson

Hello Dennis:
    this is my first try on the website - thanks for setting this up as I know how much work is involved with my "little knowledge" of websites.
    I am an urban farmer here in Nanaimo - I grow veggies and herbs so hopefully others will join us and I can discuss issues related to my type of gardening.
    Wishing everyone humour, health, and good fortune in 2010
    dolores gottenberg

Great that you have got this up and running, Dennis - congratulations! I may not be directly involved in farming at the moment but certainly have a huge interest in all things agricultural, so am looking forward to the exchange of information and points of view this forum will faciliate. Welcome and Happy New Year to all!

Andy Dolberg

Frequent contributing Member
    Blog Entries

Thanks for doing this, Dennis. I am a mixed-farmer (sheep, beef, poultry, forage etc) in Gulf Islands. I have an agrologist and have board positions on BC Sheep Federation, Island Farmers Alliance, Inter Island Sheep Breeders. It's really exciting to have a communication tool that will connect farmers and give them a voice.

Barbara Johnstone Grimmer

Hi Dennis
    It is all so new but clearly the interest is there as shown by rapid sign ups.I hope most people will put info in their profile it makes the membership list meaning full.
    Thanks for your work
    Lorea Tomsin

Good Job Dennis, I knew you'd get this all up and running.
    Oh right, my introduction.
    Hi all, I'm Peggy Thompson owner of the mobile poultry abattoir servicing the okanagan valley.

I appreciate the opportunity to participate as a member of the Forum and more importantly to learn through the contributions from – and the dialogue with – others.

Growing up on a family farm in Drumbo, Ontario, my parents were adamant that neither my sister nor I would continue the family farming tradition. (They were also adamant that neither of us would marry a fellow Dutchman, but that’s another story.) This direction led both of us to post-secondary education and careers as researchers, teachers and public servants. Much of my adult life has been spent in the design and delivery of programs intended to incubate and foster innovation, albeit in the colleges and universities sector, both in BC and abroad. Today, I am proud to serve as the executive director of the BC Investment Agriculture Foundation. I am also pleased that the Foundation, through our federal funding program, has invested in the support of this Forum – a very valuable tool for knowledge creation and sharing.

I am also interested in hearing from you about your experiences in working with the Foundation. Over the past 3 years, we have worked hard to become more client focused and responsive to the needs of the agriculture and agri-food community that we serve. Feel free to send me an email with your thoughts – criticism and congratulations are both welcomed. My email is pdonkers@iafbc.ca.

Cheers!

Peter

+ Reply to Thread