administrator

1. The Future of Food

by on February 26th,2010 at 10:30 AM
    Th Future of Food was the theme, the title of the three-day session of the Canadian Federation of Agriculture AGM held in Ottawa earlier this week. It stimulated lots of discussion. Mostly, it stimulated lots of enthusiasm as it identified not only a fresh way of thinking about how to improve the future of agriculture in Canada, but a way that recognized the value of all types of agricultural approaches and the real connections they have to the health and well-being of everyone who eats.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. The FARM Community Council

by on January 9th,2010 at 10:38 AM
    As I work to have the BC FARM Knowledge Network gain some traction, it strikes me that it would be useful to give a bit of a brief history of the FARM Community Council, and what it stands for.

Please keep in mind this is from my understand of its history. Some of you may know better, or see things differently. If so, chime in.

If what it stands for in the 13 points offered below sound familiar and interesting, keep in mind that they were developed some 15 years ago. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. The raw milk controversy and the meat regulations

by on December 30th,2009 at 09:40 AM
    Rochelle, from the COABC listserve posted a link to a speech by a California raw milk producer the other day. I thought it was interesting at least to the extent that raw milk is legally available in about 1/2 of the US states. I didn't know that.
    I've never drank raw milk and was brought up understanding that milk needed pasteurizing. I've never questioned that.
    I still don't really, and am not interested in taking sides on the milk matter, but I am interested to read that basically ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3